Friday 9 December 2011

Question 2. How Effective is the Combination of Your Main Product and Ancillary Texts?

For the music video we wanted to follow a simple performance video theme. We looked closely at the video "Hey Scenesters" by The Cribs. We liked this video as it was very simple and bland but not boring. I also took ideas from the music video for the post-hardcore band Asking Alexandria and their song "The Final Episode". I liked this as it was in a very simple setting in a warehouse.

However, for my Digipak and Poster I wanted to create a more bright and colourful feel. This was because I did a lot of research into Andy Warhol's "Campbell's Soup" and the album cover he made for The Velvet Underground.

 I also wanted to create some irony with the song Banquet. By featuring a tin of Spam on the front cover and back because it is a small amount of low cost, un-classy food.

I linked the music video and Digipak together by using some stills which I took at the recording of the video as a background to the Digipak.

1 comment:

  1. Can you link your ancillaries more fully? How does this fit in with your target audience?

    ReplyDelete