Sunday 4 December 2011

Media Evaluation planning question 2

How effective is the combination of your main product and ancillary texts?
To creatively answer this question  I will analyse in depth my final digipak and poster using Photoshop. The product will be in the center of the page with text boxes explaining the different aspects. For the draft version however I shall just explain the various stages and reasons for why I think my product went well.


Draft designs
For my first attempt of producing my digipak and poster I feel I did not recreate the concept I was trying to emulate from what inspire me. Which was the album cover for let it bleed by the Rolling Stones, the cake idea was focused on and I only had a basic cake that was accessible at the time. The idea just basically didn't work which is why I only received a 2/10 for my digpak and a 2/10 for the poster. It an abstract concept that I felt had potential which is why I still kept some ideas for the draft saved for the final version







Final designs
My final products drastically changed from the first idea mainly due to me taking a different approach and going for a abstract party the morning after. Which strangely enough I thought made a perfect album name so I called it 'The Morning After', the picture I took was achieved through using an SLR camera with an extended amount of exposure to the light by the lens which caused the bright effect. I set out various different objects on the table which also included a cake stand to show some progress from
the first draft. I felt that I achieved a much better concept but the original idea changed and develop quite substantially from the first draft. I like how it doesnt link in with the music video at all to continue the message that our band is different from others in the same genre.
The posters for both the draft and the final designs used the main image from digipak to show continuity between both products. This is common for posters as they are created to advertise the new album this would  create a sense of similarity between both products.  How this links from our music video is that we wanted to show the social side of the band, from their enegetic performance you could get a sense that the band like to party hard. The blurring effect of the images on the digipak and poster has the mise en scene of a persons druken vision after they have just woken up in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment