Thursday 8 December 2011

Evaluation 4. How did you use media technologies in the construction and research, planning and evaluation stages?

I used lots of different types of technology in various different catagories of use. Here is a list of all the things I used:
-Macbook Pro
-Motorola Defy Android mobile phone
-iPod Touch
-Apple iMac
-iMovie
-Adobe Photoshop
-FinalCut Pro
-iDVD
-Facebook
-Twitter
-Tubechop
-Youtube
-Vimeo
-Soundcloud
-Animoto
-JVC Evario Camcorder
-Sony Cybershot Camera
-Nikon DSLR Camera

Here is how I used them:

Macbook Pro- The Macbook was my main piece of technology that I used throughout our project. I used it mainly for the editing of the animoto, draft and final video. I also installed photoshop onto it and used this for designing and creating my digipak and poster. It was also useful as I could carry it round everywhere with me so I could always access the blog and the music video.

Motorola Defy- I linked up my email accounts and Twitter and Facebook feeds to my phone so I was always in touch with the rest of my group and could always check blog posts on the go.

iPod Touch- I also had my email accounts linked up to my iPod so I could check things on the move.

Apple iMac- I used an Apple iMac for editing the music video.

iMovie- I used this for all the editing for the video and animatic. I like iMovie as it is relatively easy to use and can produce good quality edits.

Adobe Photoshop- I used this for creating my digipak and poster. I did encounter some problems with it, as I wanted to add a painted effect to my digipak but Photoshop closed everytime I tried to add this.

Final Cut- I used this to publish my video.

iDVD- I used this to burn the movie to DVD and create a DVD menu.

Facebook- I used Facebook to keep in touch with the rest of my group and get audience feedback.

Twitter- We used Twitter to promote our band and we gathered a small amount of followers.

Tubechop- I used Tubechop in the research and planning stage to analyse music videos.

Youtube- We used Youtube to watch current videos and we tried to upload our video to it, however it had the audio track removed because of copywright.

Vimeo- We used Vimeo to upload our music videos and animoto.

Soundcloud- I used Soundcloud to explore other artists in our genre.

Animoto- we used Animoto to produce our pitch.

JVC Evario Camcorder- We used this to film our music video.

Sony Cybershot Camcorder- I used this to take photographs for my digipak.

Nikon DSLR Camera- We used this to take band photos and I also used it to take photos for my digipak.

No comments:

Post a Comment